December 31st 2011
As I reflect on another great year at UrbanPromise I wanted to share with you a few accomplishments and milestones reached these past 12 months.
Thanks to you and God's goodness, UrbanPromise has grown, our youth have succeeded, and our families have been blessed through your giving.
As we prepare for the New Year we hope you will celebrate these achievements with us:
• 600 children, teenagers, and college students engaged in UP’s after school programs, experiential learning, boat building, StreetLeader job training, schools, and summer camps.
• 4 UrbanPromise alumni returned to UrbanPromise after graduating from college to play significant roles in our ministry.
• 110 individuals from the Camden area volunteered weekly in one of UP's programs. They helped our ministry run effectively and, perhaps more importantly, blessed youth and staff through kindness, support, and friendships.
• 50 college students from all over the world served as interns and learned, lived in community, grew, and gave selflessly through their work in Camden.
• 2 resiliency/counseling groups were started in our schools by professional volunteers: one for children who have lost a loved one to death; the other for teen girls facing issues of loss and abandonment.
• 0 days when we did not experience God at work through the life of our ministry and lives of our young people.
Whether you gave your time, resources, prayers, or talents, we thank you for embracing and supporting UrbanPromise Camden in 2011.
May you experience peace and joy this upcoming year,